Thursday, October 16, 2008

Update on the little one

We went to the GI doctor yesterday and felt good about it. We went over everything Hampton has been going through and Dr. Amernath decided to change up his med's and told us to give him Pedialyte mixed with dark Karo syrup to help him go to the bathroom. He is having lots of gas pains and doesn't go to the bathroom very often. So, we are kind of now dealing with two issues. He took Hamp off the Reglan because one of the side effects of that is crankiness - but, we have not had a good experience with the change so far...
He pretty much threw up 75% of what he was fed yesterday afternoon through this morning and now he is struggling to eat. He also still has gas very bad and even though we have done some of the little concoction that Dr. Amernath prescribed, we are waiting on that to work. So you know me...I called the doctor this morning to find out how long it should take for all this stuff to kick in because since we came off the Reglan (which helped the food/milk get through him quicker) he is throwing up all the time and most of what he eats. He has done better his last two feedings about keeping it down, but I am struggling with him to get anything down. So, it may just be that he hasn't thrown much up because he hasn't eaten much. So, the struggle continues...Hampton didn't want his picture taken!

We had pumpkin patch pictures this morning and once we get those, I'll post the site and let you know. I sure do hope they turned out well. I want the stress and early morning to have been worth it!

3 comments:

Copeland Crew said...

I am sorry you are having such difficulties. I hope the new remedies will work soon. I know you're exhausted and it is so hard to watch your baby in pain. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Amy

Magda said...

Oh Traci, I pray little Hampton will have everything start to calm down with his little tummy :(((
I know its hard on all of you :(

Heather Smith of Studio H Salon said...

I tell you what if I was there I would come over and KISS AND HUG that boy and hold him ALL DAY until he felt better...God BLESS his sickie tummy, and you for all the worry that goes into it...LOVE YA. GOT BIG BDAY PLANS?