Thursday, October 2, 2008

A Halloween Craft

This morning I took Hampton to the doctor for a follow up. The medicine did not seem to be working, so I wanted to give it a little longer and just see how he does for another week. Dr. Whitaker was fine with that and gave me 3 options - one was to do nothing (which is what I opted to do for another week), another option was to quit breastfeeding and give him formula that we can thicken and that would help Hampton keep his food down better, and lastly we could go ahead and go to the GI doctor which Dr. Whitaker didn't feel would offer us much more than what we are doing. Obviously, opted for the first option because there is no point in going to the GI doctor unless absolutely necessary and there was no way I was quitting breastfeeding for this. I can deal with the spit up for now. He said he wasn't an advocate of that option and was pleased to hear that I wouldn't hear of it.
So anyway, we are going back next Thursday to see how Hampton is doing. Today has been a very good day and hopefully, it is the first day of things to turn around for him. After the doctor's appointment, Hampton and I came home, picked up daddy and Logan and headed to the Mad Platter to make Halloween platters. I was hoping they would have some suggestions for something cute and Halloween'ish for us to put on the platters, but the only thing she could suggest was bats. I had already seen those and decided that I would just do something simple. It was getting close to Logan's naptime, so I didn't get them finished, but I am planning on going back Saturday to work on them and hopefully finish them so they can be sent to the kiln.
We decided to put Logan's handprint and Hampton's footprint on a rectangle platter and then do something cute around it. Logan was so good about letting her paint his hand. We have always done his feet before and he absolutely HATES to have his feet messed with and definitely hates for them to be dirty also. He was a little better about his hand being dirty, but before we could get the paint off his hand he was telling us that his hand was, "dirty."
One of the platters getting "stamped" by Logan.
Daddy cleaning Logan's hand
Logan got a lollipop afterwards for being so good and he was quite content with that. He just sat with his daddy and relaxed and watched Hampton have his turn.

Sweet little Hampton toes
Hampton putting his "stamp" on the platter
He decided he hates it as much as Logan!
I am nowhere near finished, but this is what we have so far. I am making three of them - one for me and two for other people - surprises so I can't tell you who...
Logan was in the Halloween spirit today with his Jack-o-lantern shirt. I didn't realize that it is a lot of sports Jack-o-lanterns until it was pointed out to me. He looked really cute!
My sweet little boy...
It is so sad to see him in pants and a shirt nowadays. His daddy has put his foot down about his clothes and decided that Logan has to wear pants and shirts this fall/winter. I can no longer put him in the longalls. I do still have some really cute appliqued outfits though. I can't wait to go buy him some more winter clothes, but I just have to figure out how to get out of this house with the two little ones...it takes me forever to get ready to go anywhere!



1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I saw an adorable Halloween idea for feet at Kim's house - she painted Charles' feet yellow, orange and white and it looked like candy corn! It was so cute! Yours are cute too. Logan does look all grown up!!