Tuesday, October 7, 2008

One Month Old

It is hard to believe that Hampton is already a month old! It makes me sad but I am happy that he is starting to do a little more. He started lifting his head and holding it up. He can now lift it off my shoulder and look around so controlled - he still has his "bobbing-head" moments, but it is amazing how strong his little neck already is. He is also fixating on objects and will just stare at them for a long time. It is so sweet to watch him focusing that hard. He is also awake a lot more now which can be fun, but since he has turned into a fussy baby lately, it has been very hard. I have to hold him a lot and carry him around. He also prefers to be upright (I'm hoping a lot of this is from the reflux that we are still working on getting under control). It makes it hard on me and my time with Logan, but we are managing for the time being. Hopefully, this is just a very short phase that we will get through very soon. Here is little Hampton watching the mobile in the swing. He loves this!

He does tend to get tired easily in the swing. It is so soothing to him for the most part. He really likes for me to rock him to sleep right now. I love just holding him, but I feel so torn. I don't get to spend as much time with either of the little ones as I would like. If it isn't one of them needing something, it's the other and it doesn't seem to ever be quality time.
Hampton did smile for the first time at me on Saturday. He did it twice and it was just so sweet. I think that is the first of so many fun milestones and I can't wait to see more of that sweet little smile!
Happy One Month, Hampton. We can't wait to celebrate all the many months to come!!!
We love you so very much,
Momma, Daddy, Blake, Dylan, and Logan

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Hey Traci! I'm glad things are going somewhat better for little Hampton. I remember all the guilt with trying to spend equal time with a new baby and the older sibling. Just try and remember that they are not going to remember when they are 16 that you spent an hour longer with the other one on a particular day! Just ask Blake or Dylan! Try not to be so hard on yourself. I know you are stressed with lack of sleep and worry for little Hampton. You are a great mommy and your children know it! Love ya!