Saturday, August 30, 2008

Mommyhood Nerves...

I am posting this to let you know, but also because I use my blog as a journal and want to try to remember everything I can about this pregnancy - since it will be my last!
I am getting really excited about meeting Hampton. It is so surreal that in less than 5 days we will have a new addition to our family. I am starting to get very anxious for Logan because he has absolutely no clue what is about to happen. It makes me sad to think of him not understanding. I know he will be fine, but it would be so much easier if we didn't have to leave him when we go to the hospital and all. But, that just isn't an option.
Yesterday, I had a bit of a meltdown because I was so stressed about what we are going to be doing with Logan and Dylan while I am in the hospital. Things were not working out and every option we had kept leaving some other loophole that needed to be addressed. But finally, I think we have it worked out on what we are going to do.
I have some of the best friends in the world, and it is so nice knowing that I can count on them. The two Jennifer's and their families are going to be with Logan on Wednesday while I am induced and Jeff, JG's hubby (and Dylan's youth pastor) is going to pick Dylan up from school and bring him to the hospital for me. Yay - one less stressor!
Patrick kept telling my not to worry about it that he would take care of it...Seriously??? I am a mother and have to know what is going on with my children. I am responsible for them every day and do everything for them and I am supposed to just trust that he is going to make sure it all flows smoothly??? This is not something he does on a regular basis and I am a huge planner so there is no way if I don't know the plan that I can relax and know that it is all going to be alright. So, after a long afternoon of stressing,worrying, crying, etc. yesterday, we have a plan in place and there is one little time we are waiting to hear about, but we have a great backup plan, so I am now at peace with that.
Now, I can stress and worry about the induction - which I am already starting to do. Why can't I just turn things over to God and let him take care of it? I am always worrying about something and I know it isn't healthy!
So, will everyone please be praying for me and that it will go smoothly and that I will be without a lot of pain and Hampton will arrive safe and healthy?
I would really appreciate it!!!
BTW - Dylan had oral surgery to have an abcessed tooth removed on Thursday morning and he is doing so well. Thursday he was pretty loopy and then once the numbness wore off he was sore, but he is now just a little sore and feeling better. He is eating and has just had to take it easy. The bad part is that he missed two days of school and doesn't have school on Monday. So, he will have to get all his make-up work and work on that next week - while I am in the hospital. I tried to get all the work from the teachers yesterday, but there wasn't a lot of work turned in to the office. Only one teacher literally gave us anything for him to do this weekend, and the others either didn't respond or just told us what they had been doing. That wasn't much help. So, we will see how that goes and hopefully they don't pile it on him on Tuesday! If so, I am going to be one upset momma!

5 comments:

Tricia said...

Yep, I completely understand about stressing about your kids. We as moms want to make sure our babies are taken care of before we can move on to something else.

We will definitely be praying about the induction and for Logan to not be worried why you aren't around.

Copeland Crew said...

Sounds like you have everything worked out perfectly! No worries... everything will be great and before you know it you will be holding your beautiful baby boy!

Jennifer said...

I can't wait to meet Hampton either! So fun! Everything will be fine. Maybe you'll be like me. I was worried, but then went into labor on my own. Can't worry then-it just happens :) Praying for ya'll!

Elizabeth said...

I completely know what you're going through - I did the same thing when Maddox was born and I'm sure I'll experience some of it this time around too. Everything will work out fine, and those around you will ensure that little Logan is taken care of and Dylan too. We'll be thinking about you this week and cannot wait to meet Hampton!!!

Shannon said...

Good luck, Traci! I'll definitely keep you all in my prayers. I wish I could be there to help! Try to just enjoy these last few HOURS of having him all to yourself! What a miracle!
Shannon