Monday, August 25, 2008

Hampton's Baby Shower

Saturday my friends, Katherine, Jennifer Brewer, and Jennifer Gray, all hosted a shower for Hampton and me. It was the sweetest shower and I had the best time. I didn't get a picture of everyone there and wish I had now. I hate that I didn't think to do that while I was there - but, sometimes my pregnancy brain runs a little slow!
Here are some of the highlights from the shower... Katherine made this diaper cake for us. Didn't she do an amazing job??? It goes right along with the theme of the room and I just love the nightlight on top. I was so excited to have gotten that and I just love Hampton's monogram!
My hostesses with me - Kat, me, Jennifer B., and Jennifer G. - I can't thank you girls enough for being so sweet and having this shower. I really and truly appreciate it!!!
Chappell pinning on the corsage.
We played one of the funniest games ever (and, one of my favorite). The way you play is there are diapers filled with melted candy bars and you have to guess which candy bar is in that particular diaper. I missed two of them, but somehow won the prize - a bottle cleaner!
I just love the faces of all these women smelling in the diaper - like it would really stink - it's a candy bar!!!
Chappell had to help Nana. I am sure Nana was wondering why in the world we would be smelling a diaper like that!
Patti, Gloria, and my aunt Patty
I couldn't figure this one out for the life of me!
On to the gifts...
Hamtpon got some of the cutest things!!! He got a couple of cute blankets, lots of monogrammed stuff, diapers, wipes, diaper genie, a monitor, clothes, stationery, a couple if frames, a cute diaper bag, and so much more. I have so many thank you notes to write!
The diaper genie - I think Patrick was most excited that we got this. He loves having that. It really does keep the odor out of the room.
The monitor - Thanks, Robin.
Aunt Sara got Hampton some really cute smocked outfits and she also got him some jammies that say "Daddy's little Builder" that are really cute.
This picture doesn't do this blanket justice, but it is soooo adorable. Aunt Kat Kat got Hampton the softest blanket with little stuffed giraffe heads in each corner and his mongram on one of the corners. It is so precious. I just washed it and can't wait to put it in his room.
Debbie and Aunt Eloise got lost coming to the shower, so when they finally arrived they had to leave because they had reservations for dinner that they needed to get to. It was so sweet of them to come all the way from Sumter to Lexington for the shower. I felt so bad they were lost for over an hour! Anyway, they (along with Stacey) got Hampton the most beautiful picture.
Debbie knows a lady (Cindy James) who paints the most gorgeous pictures and she, Aunt Eloise, and Stacey had her make this one for Hampton. It is so beautiful and I am so excited about it. It is now hung above his crib and I will post those pictures later.

Our Family - Nana, Hampton and me, Mimi, Debbie, Sara, Aunt Eloise, and Chappell
More gifts...
This is a cute little lovey that Jennifer gave to Hampton. Logan loves his lovey, so I am excited that Hampton now has one of his own. I just love the giraffe print!
After the shower, Sara, Kat and I ran all the goodies for Hampton home and saw Logan for a few minutes. He was in the bath and decided he wanted Aunt Sara and Aunt Kat Kat to get his jammies on him. He just looked up at them and grabbed their hands so they could walk him to his room. He refuses to wear the towel down the hall. He's going to kill me for posting naked pictures of him one day. But, he has such a cute little hiney!
What a fun shower I had. I have the best friends in the world. I really appreciate everyone coming to celebrate Hampton with me. It meant the world to me to have everyone there and I can't thank everyone enough.
I want to give a special "Thank you" to my hostesses. You were so sweet to throw the shower for us and I can't thank you enough. I love you all and really appreciate it!!!




No comments: