Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Dylan's 1st day of School

Dylan had his first day of school today. He is now an 8th grader!!! I made him his favorite breakfast this morning - biscuits with chocolate syrup. I always make breakfast on the first day of school and let him pick what it is. I know it isn't the healthiest thing, but it is so yummy! I did make him have some milk and grapes to even things out.
Getting ready to head out. He wasn't really excited about school starting, but I think he was looking forward to seeing all his friends and seeing who all is in his classes. He does have a friend from TKD that is in 4 of his classes. That was pretty cool.
Dylan had a good first day. I asked him when he got in the car how it went and he told me, "boring." After that, he went on to tell me about all his teachers and which were his favorites, who all was in his classes, what he had for lunch and who he sat with, etc.
Sometimes it takes a minute to get him talking, but eventually I can get it out of him.
I did ask Dylan about being the big man on campus this morning and he told me that he already was, so it wasn't a big deal. He definitely isn't lacking in the self esteem department!
Oh yeah - he also told me that there were a couple of cute girls in his classes. And, one of his teachers is due the day before I am. Those are just a couple of the highlights he shared with me.
It's going to be a tough year for him, but I am sure he can do it. He has 3 High School classes 2 of which are Honors. So hopefully, he will be diligent with his studies and do well. Be praying for our family as we endure this along with a newborn and a toddler!!!

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Gald it was a good first day of school. It sounds like the typical answer that Dylan gave of "boring" because that is what he would always tell me when I would ask him about school in the past. Hopefully it won't be so boring. :)