Thursday, August 21, 2008

36 Weeks - Not much longer...

Ok - I went to the doctor this morning and wow - what news!
She checked me and I am 1 1/2 cm dilated - almost 2. I asked her if I could be induced on the 3rd of September (this is my brother's birthday and also the day Patrick and I started dating) and she said that the 3rd would be fine if I make it that long - which she strongly doubts! What???
I got so emotional when she said that. I didn't cry, but I was feeling anxious, scared, apprehensive, excited - just everything at once. I am really about to have this baby and it doesn't seem real!So, this is the plan and as things progress, I will update. I have my next appointment Tuesday and she will do an ultrasound that day to see how big he is (I didn't have one today, so I don't really have news about his size other than I am extremely uncomfortable).

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow! It's so real and coming up quickly!

Tricia said...

Wow. Can't believe so soon. It had really gone fast. Don't worry, I am sure he is doing well.

Elizabeth said...

I can't wait!!! I know you'll be so relieved once he's here!!

Copeland Crew said...

I guess Hampton is letting you know he will be one full of surprises!

Amy

Magda said...

As always, you are beautiful!