Sunday, August 24, 2008

Dylan's Red Belt Test

Dylan had a belt test Saturday morning and he did so awesome. I was/am so very proud of him. He started back to classes on Monday and had to learn his form and all about it just this week. You would have never known he hadn't been here all summer practicing. It was so impressive. There were moments where I started to cry (I am sure I may just be a little hormonal). He just loves Tae Kwon Do so much and is so good at it. His belt ceremony is Tuesday night and hopefully, he passed his test (if you ask me, he did). Enjoy these pictures I got throughout the different parts of the test.
Doing his forms with the other people his belt level
More forms
What a great kick!
Isn't he intimidating?

His 360 roundhouse kicks are so impressive .
On a side note - The day that I was admitted to the hospital for my bronchitis, Kat was in the hospital room with me and had called to check on the boys (Blake and Dylan were watching Logan) for me. So, the story goes...
Kat hears a loud crash and Blake all of a sudden says, "Oh no you didn't. - Hold on." So, Katherine is sitting there not wanting to tell me, but I can tell something is wrong. Apparently, earlier in the day when Patrick got Dylan from TKD, Patrick is telling Dylan about my being admitted and they don't know what's wrong, etc. Dylan doesn't even care - he immediately starts telling Patrick all about this new kick he learned. Well, when Kat was on the phone with Blake - that is what Dylan was trying to show Blake - the kick. And while doing so, he takes out my two lamps on the sofa table. Lucky for him, the lamps are ok and it makes for a funny story. Had the lamps broke, maybe not quite as funny...



One step Sparring


Dylan reading the bad habit he is going to break. His was to quit messing with his dobok (TKD uniform) during class.
Practicing the 360 roundhouse kick to break the board.

He did so awesome breaking his board. He did it the first try, kicked it right in the middle and it flew across the room in 3 pieces. It was so awesome.
Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of the actual break because people kept walking in front of me (rude) so I missed it with the camera. But, I am sure you can get the gist with these pictures.

Sparring - where I almost had to hurt someone for hurting Dylan! (Dylan is on the right)
They had told this grown man to hold back and not be too aggressive and of course he didn't!
I was so mad!!!
Finally, they told him to take it easy (twice) because he was being so rough. I was very proud of Dylan. He stayed right in there and gave it right back to him.
Dylan doesn't like this picture because his hands are supposed to be up, but it is good learning for him to see on camera what he is doing wrong, I suppose.
Congratulations on a job very well done, Dylan. We are so proud of you and you are doing so awesome!!!





No comments: