Monday, August 25, 2008

The Nursery

We are finally getting somewhere with the nursery!!!
Yesterday, Sara, Katherine, Chappell, Marty and Sara Grace came over because we were all going to see Marty's sister's new baby - Tanner. Before we went to see him, we had lunch (our favorite, Bellacino's) and Chappell helped Patrick in the nursery by hanging curtains and "directing" him on what needed to be done - Thanks, Chappell!!! While Chappell and Patrick were working, we played with Sara Grace - what fun! She enjoyed a ride in the dump truck from Aunt Sara. Can't you just tell how much she loved it?
On to the nursery...
We are still waiting on the bedskirt and the hamper, but Gloria gave me the curtain and the bumpers. She did such an amazing job and I am so excited about it. The bedskirt is going to be a mini-replica of the curtain, so I can't wait to see how it turns out.

We still have some things to hang and work on, but I have been promising people I would post, so I finally am!
It is kind of hard to tell here, but the curtain (as great as it looks here) looks so much better in person. The outside fabric is striped and it is trimmed with a gold animal print and matching buttons. It is so beautiful. I will try to get a better picture that shows more of the details. I picked all the fabric and I am very pleased with the way it all came together. You know I am not a creative person, so it is nice to know that I actually had something to do with it and it turned out great!
I went in after taking pictures of the nursery to kiss Logan good night and he wanted his picture taken with all his friends. Yes, he does sleep with all these animals every day and night. He also knows if one is missing. There are probably 7-8 friends that he has in that bed - AND we can't forget the paci's. He has to have 3 of those!

3 comments:

Magda said...

I love the nursery! It's beautiful.
The pic of Logan with all his "friends" is too sweet! He is such a happy little boy! I know he'll be a great big brother, not long now! :)

Jennifer said...

I love it! Can't wait to see it in person! SO CUTE!

Tricia said...

Love the nursery. Can't wait to see it in person.

Logan is so funny with all his friends and the binkies in with him. Love it. :)