Thursday, September 25, 2008

Rough Week...

This week has been a little more difficult than I would have hoped! I called the doctor Monday morning, spoke with a very rude nurse about Hampton's reflux getting worse and she said she would give the note to the doctor and they'd call me back. Well, they called in some prevacid and said to try that and that it should start working quicker than the Axid. Well - it's Thursday and he is not getting any better. We go back for a follow up on Monday and I am a little nervous that they are going to want to do some horrible test on him.
THEN on top of that, Logan and Dylan both came down with fevers on Tuesday. Dylan is old enough to where he can deal with it without wining and crying and carrying on, but Logan - that is a different story. He was so pitiful all day yesterday. I called and made him an appointment yesterday and Patrick took him. I am so glad that I wasn't there because they had to draw blood from Logan's toe. Now some of you already may know this, but Logan already HATES the doctor. We were working on trying to get it to where he didn't cry as soon as the doctor walked in, but we can throw that idea out the window!
Luckily, all the blood work was ok and that means it is viral - but on the other hand, that means Hampton will probably get it too. I certainly pray that that is not the case, but we are watching for it. Luckily, this morning Logan woke up feeling back to normal. Thank you, God!
Dylan is home again and now has a lot of make up work to do next week - AGAIN!
I have some pictures from this week and will post as soon as I get a little more than a minute. I just wanted to update about the boys.

3 comments:

Tricia said...

I am sorry that you guys have been sick. Caleb seemed to have a virus also, but it took him until today to not be sick with fever. He is now just a little more whiney than I would like.

Hope you guys are feeling better.

Love the new name. :)

Copeland Crew said...

I hope everyone is feeling better and that Hampton managed to steer clear from the "bug." I like the new name of your blog... very cute!

Lindak said...

I am sorry you have had a crappy week..I'll try to call on Sunday afternoon. If the reflux hasnt improved before the pediatrician starts ordering tests, ask to see a pediatric GI Dr. Also ask about pumping and thickening it with rice or there is stuff called "simply thick" that is a gel that thickens it.