Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Eating Issues

We have had eating issues with Logan for a long time now and I don't see an end in sight! He will not eat what we are having for dinner ever. He only gets what we are having and pretty much goes to bed without supper on a daily basis. We have tried everything and nothing seems to be working. Everyone keeps assuring me that he will outgrow it, but we have been going through this for about a year now. I certainly hope that he does outgrow it, but I'm not feeling that coming too soon...UGGGHHH!Logan eating carrots and then telling me, "Ogi not ike it."
I got him to try it by telling him it was candy - sad, huh? If you don't tell him something like that he won't even try it. It is so ridiculous!
We finally set up the new table that G-daddy and Mimi gave to him in the hopes that he would sit there and not cry throughout dinner. He does eat lunch and breakfast pretty well there, but dinner is the main issue. He loves his new table and has learned that before he can get up he has to ask to be excused. It is so cute to see him ask!
Eating his toast for breakfast.
Now that Logan is out of the high chair, we have moved Hampton in. I just let him sit there and play while we are eating if it isn't his turn to eat. He is pretty happy sitting up at the table with us. He has learned that we are eating though and doesn't like feeling left out of that. So, I have to give him a cracker (crushed) to keep him occupied sometimes.

His first gerber biscuit. I watch him very close so he doesn't choke - he likes to shove it down his throat!
Messy little face!
Any suggestions on getting Logan to eat his dinner and try new things???

No comments: