Friday, March 28, 2008

Our DC Trip

Last Friday we left for Washington DC and we had such a great time. Logan stayed with Patrick's mom and Dylan, Patrick, and I drove up. Blake flew in on Saturday and we headed straight out for the sights. It was such an awesome place to be and so patriotic. I am dying to go back! Blake and Patrick rang the bell and it kind of scared Blake
Patrick and me in front of the capital
Blakester


We were so lucky to see the president flying in to the White House. I thought this was so cool!
Washington Monument
Blake and me on the steps of the capital
Blake looking up at the capital and he picked a leaf from the tree as a souvenier - what a goob!



Blake being silly

Isn't that breathtaking???

Blake at the tiny little fountain area on the capital grounds - Apparently a lot of private meetings have been held here.
Blake and Patrick at the front of the Capital
Sunday we rented a Segway tour and had the best time. We all did very well. There were 9 of us total. My 3 brothers and my brothers girlfriend also came with us. We had a blast. The name of the rental place was called "Segs in the City." I thought that was so clever. So, here we are in front of the White House. That was pretty neat. The WH was a lot smaller than I expected and our tour guide said that people say that all the time.
So Beautiful!
My three brothers racing

This man sitting down was preaching about something regarding Muhamed Ali - so, Patrick stopped to listen to him for a minute.
Dylan on his Segway
We were freezing by the time we were done, so Patrick was warming me up!
We took the Metro everywhere and it was so quick and clean. I couldn't believe it. Of course, we did get on the wrong one a couple of times and went the wrong way another, but we eventually figured it out and now we are pros!
Patrick and me with my brother, David
That night (after the seg's) we had pizza at the hotel in the lobby.
We were in town for my Grandaddy's funeral at Arlington so all my cousins, my two aunts, my brothers, and my second cousins were all in town.
It was nice to see everyone. It is kind of sad to wonder if I will ever get to see some of them again.
Anyway, I did have a nice time visiting!
I know you have probably noticed and wondered why when we were on the capital steps and walking around and taking all the pictures Dylan isn't in any of them - well, there will definitely be a post to follow with all the pictures we got of Dylan. He was NOT left out!






1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Tons of great pictures! I want to ride a segway now!