Thursday, March 6, 2008

12 weeks Pregnant

I am now 12 weeks along and feeling so so much better. I still take my nausea medicine at night, but I don't have to take any during the day anymore. A few nauseous moments still hit me occasionally, but for the most part it is a lot better!
I transferred to a new doctor this week and am sooo excited about it. I was with the midwives at Lexington Women's Care, but there were a couple of things I wasn't comfortable with there and after meeting Chappell's doctor and realizing that some of the midwives practices weren't the norm, I decided to switch to a doctor. There is a new practice at Lexington called Women's Physician's of Lexington and my friend, Katherine, had heard that they were wonderful. It is going to be 4 doctors total, but right now there are 3 - the 4th is coming in August.
My first appointment with them was on Tuesday and I met with Dr. Jones (my new doctor) and she was so wonderful. She went over my medical history and baby history and spent over 30 minutes with me. She couldn't hear the baby's heartbeat with the doppler, so she took me back and did an ultrasound just to see it at least. At first I couldn't even see the heartbeat and I got a little upset and nervous, but she finally got it and then I really lost it. I was so relieved (You really don't realized how attached you already are to the baby until something like that happens). After looking at the heartbeat for a couple of minutes she told me to ask the girl that was going to do my ultrasound the next day to see if she had a guess as to what I was having because she thought she could tell. She and I both thought we saw boy parts. BUT, the next day when I came in for my routine (for their practice) 12 week ultrasound, the girl said she is definitely not convinced that those are boy parts. She thinks it is part of the umbilical cord we are seeing. I guess she should know - she sees it every day. But, I truly feel like this is another boy - so, do not be surprised if it is. And no, we do not have a name picked out yet either way.
Just to tell you why they do a 12 week ultrasound...
There is apparently a little window of opportunity (between 12-13.5 weeks) where there is a pocket between the spine and the neck that is unusually large and can show you if there are any abnormalities like down syndrom, trisomy 13, spina bifida, etc. So, that is the reason they did the ultrasound, but she said that they baby looked wonderful. So hopefully, the baby is going to come out perfectly healthy. Please pray for that. 12 weeks pregnant pictures
I am definitely showing some. It is there and now that I am 12 weeks, I have decided to embrace it. For a while I have been trying to hide it and been in denial that I am already showing, but it is my 4th baby and I am sure this is somewhat normal. So, here is the pooch!

3 comments:

Tricia said...

You look so cute. Dr. Jones used to be at my practice at Baptist and I got to see her once. Really liked her a lot! Have fun in Mexico. :)

Jennifer said...

The shadow on the wall is bigger than your pooch! Still cute, but not big!

JG

Magda said...

Girl, you know I think that you make pregnancy just beautiful. You just glow!:) glad you and the baby are doing well!