Monday, March 17, 2008

Mexico - Day 1

My best friends and I went to Mexico (Playa del Carmen) for a week last week and we had the best time!!! It was my friends, Jenifer, Shannon, Linda, Heather and then me. We were all a little delayed arriving and I was the worst - I was 6 hours later than I should have been and all the girls were nice enough to wait 4 hours at the airport for me so that I didn't have to ride to the resort by myself. We finally ate dinner around 9 that night and then we crashed. The next morning it was pretty cloudy so we decided we would go into town and see some of the shopping area and go do some grocery shopping at Wal-Mart. We all got all of our souvenier shopping done and then the trip to Wal-Mart was an experience in itself! Nothing was in English so trying to by Skim milk was impossible. We didn't understand one word on that carton and all we did was laugh at ourselves during that trip. Afterwards we took a very fast, scary, and crowded taxi trip back to the resort - ahhh safe at last! Linda, Shannon, Jenifer, and Heather on the main road outside the resort trying to get a taxi
Shannon, Me, and Linda in the back of the bus/taxi
Heather and Jenifer
Linda and Heather scheduling our excursion for Tuesday
Our first beach picture - that water was so beautiful!!!


No comments: