Friday, March 28, 2008

Grandaddy's Funeral at Arlington National Cemetary

Monday was Grandaddy's funeral at Arlington National Cemetary. I thought it was honorable and special. It was also very emotional for me to go through all that again. But now there is finally some closure. I know that because Grammy and Grandaddy are in DC I will definitely go back as much as I can to visit them. It is still so hard to believe that he is gone, but I am sure time will help it sink in. Anyway, here are some of the pictures we got during and after the ceremony. What an honor to be a part of such a wonderful man's life!





After the ceremony we got lots of pictures. This is my 3 brothers and me. From left - Ronnie, David, and then Patrick.
This is a picture of all the grandchildren. From left in the back row - Miles, Evan, Ronnie and then in the front row - David, me, Patrick, Anna, Vanessa, and Francis. It was special that we could all be there together. I hope that we will all still get together in the future.
Another picture of all of us with Blake, Dylan, and Patrick added.
Our family
Patrick and Traci
Blake and Dylan
Me and the boys
The boys browsing through all the stones. It was unbelievable how straight all the stones were. It was so symetrical and very impressive.
Blakesters

Dylan - who I know needs a haircut and will be getting one on Sunday.
After the ceremony, we all went out to lunch and then I took Blake and Dylan to the airport to fly to their dad's. Dylan is on Spring Break this week and is in GA spending some time with his dad. I know he is having a great time! They will both be back here on Sunday so Blake can spend his Spring Break here and Dylan can get back to school.
All the boys in the family.
My baby brother, Ronnie and me. Ronnie is 9 1/2 years younger than I am. I didn't manage to catch a picture of me with Patrick. Most people would think that out of all of us, Patrick and I look most alike - probably because of the eyes.
David and me. David is the oldest of my brothers. He is not quite 2 years younger than I am.





No comments: