Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Hampton and Logan 8/12

Hampton started walking around the 6th of August. He'll take about 4-6 steps and fall over, but he is doing so well! It is very sad for me to be here already, but it is fun also to see him accomplish yet another milestone. It is truly amazing that not even a year ago, he was in my belly. God is truly amazing!!!We had chocolate chip muffins for breakfast - yum!
Hampton likes to play peek-a-boo at the table - especially with dirty hands!

Love that chocolatey face!
That morning was not particularly pretty, so we finger painted some pictures. Logan had a blast and made pictures for everyone he could think of.
I can't believe he actually got his little hands dirty!
On another note, Logan started potty training (on his own) the 3rd of August. We were at the pool with playgroup and I told him not to pee pee in his swim diaper - to tell me when he had to go and we would go inside to the big potty. I was in the pool with the baby while Logan played on the side with some toys and all of a sudden, he said, "mommy, I have to go pee-pee da potty." I threw the baby to one of the other moms and ran in there to take him and he went! I told him that it was such a good boy to tell me and gave him lots and lots of praise. He went 7 more times after that while we were at the pool for an hour and a half, but who's counting??? At least he was going. We went and bought stuff at Target for training (pull-ups, underwear, a potty cover, etc.). He has been going on the potty ever since and is doing very well with minimal accidents!
Hampton is going to be my climber I'm afraid. He loves to climb up on Logan's chair and see what is going on. Once he started walking, he has been getting into EVERYTHING!!!

He also likes to tear up my magazines!
He looks so innocent thought, doesn't he?

No comments: