Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Boys, Boys, Boys!

Ok, so I went to the doctor yesterday to have my 16 week check up and everything went well. The heartbeat was good and we are both doing well. Carrie did an ultrasound to check the sex and we are definitely having another boy (I will post a picture of the ultrasound as soon as I can figure out how to do it on my printer - it isn't working correctly right now). Yesterday, I was pretty sad. It was not that I was sad I was having a boy - I am sad because I am never going to have that girl I have always wanted. But, God knows better what I need and can handle than I do. I certainly believe there is a reason I am not going to ever have that girl! Anyone who knows me, knows that I have wanted a girl so bad for so long. So this is really hard to accept right now. Blake put it into perspective for me though...I should be glad I can even have children because so many people can't. And that is true! But, I am still sad that I am never going to have a daughter. I know, I know - poor pitiful me. I'll get over it though.

Anyway, I thought I would share the big news of the week. Oh yeah - and Patrick is elated to be having another boy! Now the battle begins over the name!

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Just remember that boys love their mamas more. :)

Copeland Crew said...

I have to agree with your friend Tricia!

Elizabeth said...

I know this was hard for you, but you are such a wonderful mom to your three boys now! We'll just have to take care of SG!!