Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Why do we buy toys?

Logan has loved laundry day for a while now and I finally got some shots of why... Any time I bring the hamper (that is on wheels) from my room to the laundry room, he will stand there and yell at me. The reason - I created a monster. One day, I was taking the hamper back to my room and I set him on top of it while holding on to him and just pushed him around. Well since then, he knows that he can get a ride and he loves it. The other day while Patrick was here we decided to stand him in it and let him hold on that way and that was a lot easier (and safer). I seriously don't think it is necessary to ever buy toys. Children always seem to like household items, the boxes, and anything other than the toy better!
Daddy pushing Logan
Here he is making a sound like a car makes. It is his new thing to do when he pushes his firetruck or dumptruck around.
When Patrick would stop, Logan would turn around and start yelling at him. But when Patrick would start pushing him again, he just preferred to ride backwards!

2 comments:

Mom said...

I remember when you were young and you would get in the clothes basket. We would push you around on the hardwoods and boy did you laugh but boy were we sore from doing it.
Luv,
Mom

Tricia said...

What fun! Caleb likes to be pushed in boxes as well. I think we should just save our money on the toys and just get a bunch of boxes or laundry baskets and let them have fun! :)