Monday, January 14, 2008

Logan is going to be a Big Brother!

Mom and Dad - who are both so excited to be expecting again!
Logan's new shirt
We found out last Wednesday that we are expecting again - yes, this was planned for anyone not sure about that! I had just gotten a test from the grocery store and came in right away to take the test while Patrick unloaded the groceries and Logan. After he helped me for a minute, he was off to the lake for some hunting. In the meantime, I was impatiently waiting on Blake to call me about his first day at his new school which he finally did. While I was on the phone with him, I had gone to the restroom to put some stuff away and saw the pregnancy test was positive and I was pretty stunned! Of course, Blake could tell and so I told him exactly what it was and he is pretty excited. I then went and picked Dylan up from school and told him....all the while, Patrick still didn't know and was at a "meeting" at the lake.
He finally got home around 7 and I had laid the stick on his sink for him to find when he went to take a shower....only problem - he didn't take a shower right away. I waited about an hour and a half and finally I drug him in there and showed him.
He was really excited and kept saying, "I just can't believe how fertile you are." It was so funny!
I went ahead and took another test (another brand) the next morning to make sure it was positive and it was. So, we are definitely expecting.
We waited until Friday to tell Patrick's family so we could tell them in person. Logan wore a t-shirt over to their house that said, "I'm the big brother." It took a while, but finally Chappell got there and she realized right away that Logan was dressed different than normal and she asked what his shirt said. FINALLY - everyone else figured it out.
Since Sara was on the road headed out of town and Marty was at work, I sent them a text of Logan's shirt and told them it was from Logan. They were both happy for us and called me back pretty quick! It was a lot of fun telling everyone!
So, you will now get to keep up with a growing little boy and a growing momma again!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you and your growing family!! I can tell that you're already glowing!

Shannon said...

Congratulations Traci! I am so happy for you guys! Can't wait to see you in March!
Shannon