Friday, May 23, 2008

Trip to Arkansas...whew!

Last week, Logan and I flew out to Arkansas for a week to visit. We had a really nice time and were so appreciative that Heather and Shane had us for most of our time there. Heather has two children, Tanner (2) and Tatum (10 months). Logan was in heaven with all of their toys. He also did very well on the flights - for which I am sooo thankful!Logan finally has enough hair that we can make him a mohawk. Here he is in the tub at Heather's and she caught this cute picture of him.
She took this one as well and I absolutely love it. It really shows how blue his eyes are. It is not always easy to catch that on film!
The three little monkey's in the tub!
Tanner had the best ride on toys and Logan had a blast figuring all of them out.

You know how he already likes to pretend he is talking on the phone - well, here he is with a leaf pretending again.
We tried to get a picture of Tatum and Logan together, but he wasn't too happy having to sit still with a little girl when there were all those toys to play with.
Tanner pushing Tatum and Logan playing on the toy.
Nice - Heather caught this picture of me supervising.

We got some chalk out for the boys and Logan had fun drawing lots of fun stuff on the driveway.
Such a happy baby!
The boys in deep conversation.
The driveway had a little bit of a hill and Logan had fun running down it. It was very difficult to watch. I just knew he was going to wipe out. But luckily, he didn't!
More fun toys in the house! You would not believe how many toys they have. Their entire dining room was nothing but toys.

Paw Paw and Logan.
We got to stop by my dad's house a couple of times and visit with him and Susan. Logan was really funny while we were there and even said, "Paw paw" which was pretty neat. He doesn't really repeat a lot of words unless he is in the mood, but that was apparently a fun word to say!
On one of our shopping trips, Logan and Tanner were so cute to hold hands. It got a little difficult to push because we had to stay right beside each other, but we thought it was adorable. I went shopping at Mimi Maternity and got some of the cutest stuff. I just love that store!!!
Saturday while we were there, our friends, Chuck and Robin, had their annual Cajun cookout and Logan and I were excited to be able to go this year. We saw a lot of my old friends from High School that I probably hadn't seen since HS. Logan had a great time and was so tired and dirty when we left. He has never been that dirty and of course, it drove me nuts. I could not wait to get back to Heather's to get him bathed. He fell asleep on the way back and I had to wake him for the bath, but thankfully he loves his bath time and didn't complain. This picture is of him playing in one of the many Rino's that were at the cookout.
Logan playing in Heather's flower bed.
I finally found Logan some Sperry's while we were in AR. He has a really wide foot, so we have to look for wides, and couldn't find any Sperry's here, but I finally did and am so excited. I think these couple of pictures are so cute of him because he is really dressed just like his daddy. He has on his Polo shirt and shorts and his Sperry's - just like Patrick. Unfortunately, nowadays all of our pictures have to be action shots. Logan won't just sit and let me take his picture anymore.

We met my brother, Ronnie, for dinner on Sunday night and had a great time. Logan was tired, but he was so good.
Ronnie and Logan.
Logan thought it was so funny that Ronnie was letting him put his feet on the table in the restaurant. Logan loves his Uncle Ronnie!!! He laughed and laughed at him. Of course, that is usually what we all do - spend the whole time laughing at Ronnie.
Ronnie joke - What do you call a 3-legged cow?
...Lean beef
He had several of those, but that is the only one I can remember. He is so silly!
Logan even let Ronnie walk with him to the car. This is quite special because Logan won't normally let people hold his hand while he is walking.
More shopping -
Heather and I took the little two shopping on Sunday so we could pick up some necessities. She put in a Baby Einstein DVD and Logan was mesmerized. He would point at the screen and go, "Da" as loud and as exciting as possible. It was so cute. So now, we have some for our car. We will see if he enjoys it as much now that he has his own...
Still in a trance.
Tatum chilling out in the back with the DVD.
Logan and me at lunch at Trio's. It was sooo yummy. Logan and Tatum decided to start banging on the table together right before we left. I am sure everyone was ready for us to go. Once one of them started, the other would laugh and do the same thing. The difference was Logan was using a book that was sooo loud!
Heather and Tatum at Trio's.
At the table - and Logan talking on the phone with a packet of sugar - he is so my child loving that phone!!! After one of our many busy days.
Logan slept pretty well while we were there. The trick is to make sure there is music playing for him!
Monday we drove to Conway to stay a couple of nights with my friend, Linda, and her family. We went Tuesday morning with her and Drew to his Preschool party at the park. We swang in the swing for a while and then Logan wanted to get in the blow up bouncy castle. I let him get in while all the kids were eating their lunch so he wouldn't get bounced to death. Unfortunately, I had to climb up in there with him and bounce too. I am sure Hampton was wondering what in the world was going on.
Here are some pictures of Logan eating his first snowcone. He liked it a lot at first, but after 5 bites, he was done. But that is how he usually does with any kind of food, anyway.

Logan playing with the tractor in Linda's backyard.

I had to go when we got back and buy him some cars and trucks. Logan didn't have any and he seemed to be drawn to them at everyone else's house, so now he has his own. He played so well with all of them!
Jacob and Logan playing ball together
Jacob was so cute with Logan. He followed him and made sure that he was ok and would just sit and watch Logan play. It was so sweet!
Linda's boys, Jacob and Drew, with Logan.
Finally, all of us girls together again.
Tuesday night all of my girlfriends and I went out to eat at a great place, Michaelangelo's.
We had so much fun catching up and my dad had given me some of my old year books so we looked through those and laughed at ourselves - but mainly at my brother, David, and his mullet. I was crying I was laughing so hard when I saw that picture. It is so much fun to look back at them. It is from my 8th and 9th grade years. It is pretty neat because Patrick is in them too. Now Logan can see what his daddy looked like with hair!
Thanks to all my friends and their families for hostessing Logan and me. We had a lot of fun visiting with all of you and hope to see you all again in the near, near future. Come see me sometime!!! :)









No comments: