Monday, November 12, 2007

Logan goes to the doctor

We went and made reindeer plates at Mad Platter on Friday with our friends, Elizabeth and her two boys, James and Maddox, Lauren and her son, Ramsey, and Kim with her son, Charles. It was a lot of fun and everyone's pottery turned out soooo cute. I can't wait to go back and make some more Christmas presents!!!

Logan was absolutely wonderful. He did cry when the lady did his footprints (for some reason he absolutely HATES for his feet to be painted) but after that he sat in the high chair for two hours while I painted the rest of the plates. I think he got a little restless maybe one good time, but after some juice, he was good to go!

After we left Mad Platter, Logan got to ride in the Car Grocery Cart at Publix and he was so excited to play with the steering wheel. Once we got out to the car, I grabbed my camera to take some pictures of him in it and the cutest little old man caught me and praised me for taking pictures in the parking lot of a grocery store. He told me to take as many pictures as possible because this time goes by so fast. And, boy does it! I am amazed that Logan is already 9 months old and he just gets happier, more fun, and more and more loved every day!
He went to the doctor last week and his weight was 21 lbs. 14 oz, height was 28 1/2 inches, and he dropped in percentiles in both categories which the doctor was a little concerned about. He went from 95th to 75th in height and 90th to 68th in weight. So, he said it is time to start supplementing. I am trying to do that, but after I nurse him he won't eat anymore. So, I am giving him a little more in solids right now and maybe that will help. But to be honest, I am kind of glad that his growth has slowed down some. He was sooo big. I don't want to end up with a malnurished baby, but it would be nice not to throw my back out every time I pick him up!
We tried gradually taking Logan off of his reflux medicine also, but that back-fired. He definitely is not ready for that, so I guess we will try it again when he is one.
One other funny thing the doctor said about Logan is that he is a bit dramatic! Patrick wants to know where Logan gets that. Who knows???
Posted by Picasa

No comments: