Saturday, March 28, 2009

Hampton is 6 months!

Happy 6 months, baby boy!Hampton is getting sooo big! He started saying, "ba-ba" on the 1st of March and then on the 3rd (his actual 6 month birthday) he said, "ma-ma." I was so excited. It is the most precious thing to hear your child's first words!!
A true little gamecock!
At Hampton's 6 month appointment, his statistics were:
16 lbs 15 oz - 50th percentile
height - 12 1/2 inches - 50th percentile
head - 17 3/8 - 50th percentile

So basically, he is a perfect baby!
He did really well with his shots. Mimi went with us so that she could meet the boys' doctor and I tried to get her to hold Hampton down during the shots, but she didn't want to - dang!
The doctor asked me several questions - it went kind of like this...
Dr: "Is he sitting up on his own?"
Me: "No."
Dr: "Is he rolling over?"
Me: "No."
Dr: "Is he transferring things from one hand to the other?"
Me: "No.:
Dr: "Does he pull his head up when you lift him from lying down to sitting up?"
Me: "Yes!"

Needless to say, I was a little worried that he is a little delayed developmentally. So, I went straight home and we started working on sitting up!!!
The doctor told me that he wasn't worried. One of my friends said that her doctor told her that the reason her daughter might be delayed was because she was so happy and content she had no desire to try and do anything else. That made me feel much better - especially since he is such a happy baby.
Hampton at 6 months was still sleeping in the co-sleeper in our room because he got up so much during the night due to his tummy issues. It was so difficult! His sleep patterns would range anywhere from 3-7 1/2 hours a night. We finally started some kind of schedule for bedtime at night (9:00). That has worked out very well. Sadly, he still has to be rocked to sleep.
I did figure out that salads in my diet were a big No No for me (that stinks when you are trying to lost weight)! Hampton's little tummy just couldn't handle it and with that his sleep is a little better. There is still something else I am eating that is messing him up, but I can't figure out what it is...
Hampton is one of the happiest baby's ever! I love the way he lights up a room with his little smile.
At 6 months, Hampton is consistently eating rice/oatmeal cereal. He actually had to be put on Beech Nut brand to keep it down and that has worked very well. He eats a bowl in the morning and a bowl before bed now. He's doing awesome!
We broke out the jumper for the doorway at 6 months and Hampton is in awe of the music it plays. He just kind of sits there and stares at the lights. He will sit in this and the around-we-go for long periods of time. I love that he is so content!
Happy 6 months, precious Hampton!
You have been such a blessing to our lives and we all love you so very much. We are looking forward to the next milestones you are going to accomplish. It is so much fun watching you grow. I am trying to take it all in and cherish it because you are my last baby that I get to enjoy this with. Happy Half Year!!!
Love,
Mommy, Daddy, and all your brothers

1 comment:

Mom said...

Boy do I see you all over this beautiful baby.
Love,
Mom