Friday, December 12, 2008

Dylan's Wrestling

I know I am way behind in updating the blog, but I am trying to catch up! I will try to get it updated tonight. I have a lot to post about!
Let's start with Dylan...Dylan is doing pretty well in wrestling and he loves it!
Last weekend was a big tournament at the Lexington High - it was the qualifier for state and Dylan placed 4th. Unfortunately, we didn't get to see either of his matches because we were at a family reunion. My aunt stayed part of the day until we could get there for us so that Dylan would have someone there for him. I was on my way to the school (within sight of it) when I got a text from Dylan that said, "mom, i just pinned a guy with one move." It was so cute and I was so excited for him. I got there and he was wearing his Beenie with the pins in it. Apparently you get a pin to put in it every time you pin someone. He now has 3 pins and he wears this hat everywhere. He loves it!

These are pictures that his dad took a couple of weeks ago at the tournament in Rock Hill. He won this match.


This picture was taken this morning before school. It is very sad to me to see how much Dylan is growing up. He is now 5'8" and growing more and more every day.
About the matches...
Last Thursday night was my first time to go to a match and I really wasn't prepared. I didn't realize how rough it is. The very first match of the evening the little boy (not Dylan) got hurt and I started crying. All I could think was that it could have been Dylan. Patrick was there and was so embarrassed. I couldn't help it. I just wasn't prepared and it was very difficult to watch.
I pretty much felt like an idiot, but several people told me that they had the same thing happen to them and they didn't like the sport and couldn't watch it. So, I felt much better. I think it would have been better had I watched a practice or had I even seen a real wrestling match before, but I hadn't. So, I left before Dylan even wrestled because it was louder than I expected with the buzzer going off and the whistle - Hampton was with me and it wasn't good for him, so I left.
I went to his match against Dutch Fork last night and did much better. Last night was the first time I got to see Dylan wrestle. He did awesome! He pinned the guy and was so proud. He slapped the floor and stood up so proud. Then, he came running up into the stands to make sure I saw him and gave me a hug. He was more excited to be able to put another pin on his Beenie than anything. It was so funny.
He is doing a great job and I will definitely have more pictures to post soon. I am taking my camera tomorrow, so hopefully, I'll get some good shots!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Good job Dylan and Traci for making it through the match!