Thursday, November 6, 2008

2 Months Old!

Monday Hampton turned 2 months old. So, he is now 9 weeks. It is so hard to believe. I just thought time flew by before and now it is really flying by! He is so alert now and actually interacts with you. He is smiling and cooing now. I just love the way he focuses on something and gets excited with his little arms flapping around. He is just the sweetest baby! Logan is doing very well with Hampton. He doesn't really pay too much attention to him throughout the day, but every day when he goes down for a nap or to bed he makes sure we let him kiss the baby goodnight. It is the sweetest thing when he asks, "bebe?" He will also just go up to the baby and talk to him sometimes. That is the best! I can't wait until Hampton has the ability to interact with Logan more. I don't think I will ever get anything done. As it is I just want to sit and watch him even if he is just sleeping!
Hampton loves the swing and he has two bouncy seats. I try to change his activities so he doesn't get bored staring at the same toys and surroundings all the time.
Hampton's little tummy is still not doing that well. We have had to give him suppositories to try and help get his system going, but after 3 days and what we thought was working, he is still struggling. It is so frustrating not knowing what to do and not being able to help him. It is just the saddest thing to see the hurt on his face when he is trying to pass the gas. Please keep praying for him and that we will get him well very soon!
I just love Hampton's little smile and now that he coo's and makes the most angelic noices, it is even better. I love this stage!!!
He is finally starting to outgrow some of his gowns. That makes me sad to have to put all the newborn clothes away - I know I won't ever get to use them again. It is pretty sad!
Hampton has also discovered his hands. He can get them into his mouth now and that is what he will usually do when I am playing with him. Here he was actually chewing and sucking on his thumb.

Hampton's neck is getting stronger and stronger. He doesn't really have that much of a bobble head anymore. He loves to lift up and look around. There have been a few incidences where he will hold his head up and knock himself with my shoulder or chin and that is so sad. His little lip comes right out and he goes into the most pitiful cry!
I think Hampton is losing some of his hair, but I am hoping he doesn't lose all of it. This is about how much Blake and Dylan had at this age. Logan was my only bald child - poor baby!

Hampton in his new bouncy seat.
Happy 2 months, Hampton. We all love you so very much and feel so blessed that God has put you in our lives. We are loving watching you grow and look forward to all the years we get to do that!!!
Love, Mommy, Daddy, and all your big brothers!

1 comment:

Heather Smith of Studio H Salon said...

Yep...he wants to come meet his AUNT HEATHER in ARKANSAS...I want to squeeze and HUG that lil man...