Sunday, December 2, 2007

Congratulations, Dylan!!!

Dylan during his "Forms" part of the competition
More forms - he took 1st in forms and it was so exciting.
The bow just before the sparring began
Dylan during his sparring
More sparring
This is a good shot of one of their kicks
The coaches commending the students for a great job
The children during the awards ceremony
Dylan's wins 1st overall in his belt/age group!

Yesterday Dylan entered his first tournament in Tae Kwon Do. It was a last minute decision (which I could have killed him for :)).
I was a nervous wreck waiting on him to get his turn and I have to say I was so proud and impressed with how well he did. His forms were so beautiful. He did so well!!! During the forms he forgot where he was, but he held his composure and managed to remember and just went on like nothing happened. He won 1st!
Then came the sparring and that was sooo nerve-racking!!! I was shaking so much when it was his turn, but he surprised me and was so prepared and did awesome! He ended up having to spar one of his best friends (that Dylan broke his arm already - accidently) from his own school which is unusual, but it is how it turned out. Dylan was so much taller than the other boy, so he did have a bit of an advantage there. He knocked him down at one point and was appologizing during the match. It was sweet of Dylan.But, he was so much more aggressive than I ever expected him to be. I was so proud of him and he was proud of himself. Dylan, we are so proud of you and congratulations!!!!! We love you! Mom, Patrick, and Logi



No comments: